In a hydraulic spreader, the power unit is used to drive the wedge of the press. The main part of this machine is a vertical ram which has two parts: one fixed and one moveable. A piston rod connects these two parts together so that when fluid pressure is applied to either end of this cylinder, it moves up or down depending on where the pressure is being applied.
A hydraulic wedge spreader is an attachment that can be added to a tractor’s three-point hitch. It is used for pushing, pulling and levelling materials such as dirt, gravel and snow. The equipment consists of a frame with four hydraulically driven legs that are attached to the front edge of the frame.
5 safety tips for operating a hydraulic wedge spreader
Hydraulic wedge spreaders are a must-have for any large farm. These machines take the guesswork out of spreading fertilizer, seed or lime across hundreds of acres.
Operators should always be aware and follow these 5 safety tips:
- Always wear your personal protective equipment including eye protection, ear protection and gloves
- Keep children away from the machine while it is in operation
- Follow all warning labels on the machine such as “do not operate this unit without hydraulic fluid” or “keep hands away from rotating parts”.
- Be sure to use only high quality hydraulic oil rated at 10W30 or 10W40 that meets API service classification SJ/SL/SJT/SM
- Never operate a hydraulic
These are the few tips which helps in operating hydraulic wedge spreader.